Whether your goal is to keep your kids active or get them off their electronic devices, here are some ideas to get the kids moving this winter.
- Put on coats, hats and scarves and head outside.
- Explore your local park and collect leaves, sticks and stones and get creative with them when you get home.
- If it’s windy, fly a kite.
- Visit the beach or a local creek and explore the rock pools.
- Go on a hike, the kids will soon warm up
Bring the outdoors in
- Bring some of your outdoor toys inside like hula hoops, jump ropes, and balls.
- Utilise spaces like the garage for games such as roller skating, hopscotch and table tennis.
- Try balloon volleyball – create a makeshift net and use a balloon as the ball.
- Create an indoor obstacle course – use pillows, couches and the kids won’t even realise they are exercising as it’s so much fun