These School Holidays join us on The Kiwi Road Trip. Play our virtual road trip game in augmented reality to visit famous landmarks around the North Island, collect tokens and be in to WIN awesome prizes. The more times you play, the more tokens you'll collect. Find the stickers around the centre, scan the QR code and follow the clues to find them all.
First prize: A private Family Charter Boat ride with Chaddy's Charters worth $350
Runner up prizes: 100 x $25 Centre City Gift Cards
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I PLAY?
Find one of the 7 floor stickers around the centre. Open the camera on your phone, point it at the QR code on the sticker and click ‘Play Now’ to start. You’ll now start the road trip, follow the instructions in the game to know what to do next! You’ll need to find all 7 stickers to collect the most tokens you can and if you keep coming back over the School Holidays you can add to your tokens by playing again and again. Remember to register your details to track your progress.
IS THE GAME CONTENT SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES?
Yes, there’s no actual driving required on this road trip so any age can enter. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to play and the parent/guardian must read and consent to the Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
WHAT PHONES ARE SUPPORTED?
If you’ve got an iPhone 6 or Android OS Version 8 smartphone and above, you can start playing using your camera to scan the QR codes. If you’re using an older phone you may need to download a QR code reader to your phone, check out our other FAQ for more information on this. If you’re on anything older than an iPhone 6 or Android OS Version 8, then we’re sorry to say but your phone doesn’t support our road trip.
WHAT IF MY PHONE WON’T SCAN THE QR CODE?
Mobile phones older than 5 years may not have the function to scan a QR code via the camera. Don’t worry, you can still play! We recommend downloading these QR code readers from your App store and using these instead. Please note that the Government COVID tracing app should not be used as a QR code scanner for this activity.
iPhone: - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kaspersky-qr-scanner/id948297363
Android: - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaspersky.qrscanner
HOW DO I ACTIVATE THE AUGMENTED REALITY?
If you’ve scanned the QR code and the website has opened, have your phone pointed at the sticker on the floor, the magic of Augmented Reality will happen all on its own. Pretty cool right? If you’re having trouble scanning the stickers, check out our other FAQs on what phones are supported.
DO I NEED TO USE MY PHONE DATA?
Yes, you’ll need to have a constant internet connection while using the game. Here in Centre City we currently don’t have WIFI available. Best to check with Mum or Dad if you’re using their phone if it’s ok to use their data.
DO I NEED TO SCAN THE STICKERS IN A PARTICULAR ORDER?
No, all the stickers have secret codes that mean you can find them in any order. They even know where you’ve been so they can tell you where you still have to go.
HOW MANY STICKERS ARE THERE TO FIND?
We have a total of 7 stickers to be found. Some are trickier than others to find. You’ll need to read the clues carefully to try and find each one.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE DECIDED?
We'll be picking our winners based on the token amounts collected. The more tokens you collect, the more chances you have of being our main prize winner and getting a Private Family Charter Boat Ride with Chaddy's Charters worth $350! The next 100 entries with the most tokens will each win a $25 Centre City Gift card.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE WON ANYTHING?
Winners will be contacted within two days of the draw via the email details when registering. Check out the terms and conditions for more information.
WHY WEREN’T MY RESULTS SAVED?
To keep increasing your tokens throughout the School Holidays, you’ll need to register so we know who you are. Then you can keep adding to your total score. If you’re under 18, you’ll need a parent or guardian to approve you to play.
I HAVE A QUESTION THAT’S NOT ANSWERED HERE
If you’ve got a question we haven’t yet answered, flick us a message via our 'Contact Us' page, found HERE
The Kiwi Road Trip Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is AMP Capital Shopping Centres Pty Ltd, Centre City Shopping Centre, 11 Gill Street, New Plymouth, 06 759 4390 (“Promoter”).
- Entry is only open to New Zealand residents. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, tenants and their employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- This promotion will be conducted at the Centre City Management Office in Centre City Shopping Centre, New Plymouth (“Centre”).
- Promotion commences on Saturday 17th April and ends at 4pm on Sunday 2nd May (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Scan any of the seven (7) QR codes on the marked floor decals at Centre City Shopping Centre.
- Upon scanning the QR code, the individual will access the competition web app, where they are given instructions to locate and scan the floor decals within Centre City Shopping Centre.
- Each scanned floor decal will display an augmented reality landmark. The individual is required to tap to activate the landmark and earn tokens.
- The number of tokens earned increases per scanned decal and activated landmark.
- Each token collected acts as an entry into the prize draw. The more tokens an individual has, the more chances they will have to win the prizes.
- To be in the draw for a chance to win the prizes, the individual must complete the entry form during their Kiwi Road Trip adventure. The individual can continue to play and earn tokens after registration.
- An individual can play multiple times across multiple days, but only scan each decal and activate the landmark once per day.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Centre City Shopping Centre, 11 Gill Street, New Plymouth on 10th May 2021 at 10am (“Draw”). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. An entrant does not need to be in attendance at the Draw in order to win a prize. Winners will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the Draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win a Private Family Charter Boat Ride with Chaddy’s Charters, valued at $350. A further 100 entries will be drawn to win 1 of 100 $25 Centre City Gift Cards.
- The following conditions apply to the prize(s):
- The winners must be able to collect their prize from Centre City Shopping Centre, 11 Gill Street, New Plymouth during centre hours.
- The first prize of a Private Family Charter Boat Ride with Chaddy’s Charters carries its own terms and conditions and expiry period. The responsibility of checking the terms and conditions and expiry period lies solely with the winner. Centre City Shopping Centre will not be held liable for any loss, damages or additional costs associated with the Private Family Charter Boat Ride with Chaddy’s Charters.
- There are 100 x $25 Centre City Gift Cards to be won as runner up prizes. Centre City gift cards carry their own terms and conditions and the responsibility of checking the terms and conditions and expiry period lies solely with the winners. Gift Card terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.centre-city.co.nz/media/files/centre_city/d6/d6f780ae-d227-4ad6-9db3-ac4a036f6c3e.pdf
- If a winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is $2850 NZD
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of a prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.